Winter Wing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourney! - Discussion

+4
Dune
SJunior
Poofy
Yokura
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tourney! - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Tourney! - Discussion

Post  FireKiller87 Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Suggestions for THE BAN HAMMUH:

LND:
-ALL JIKUN
Spoiler:
-Ion?
-Any others?...can't think of many broken LNDs...Byne Girl isn't, neither is Manly Byne...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AIR:
-Ah-chan, that bitch(sorry Aurao, but win by clicking randomly can't fly)
-Possibly Seraph, or just ban the use of her Wings if that was the reason for her banning last time
-Baltheon(all types)
-Specific Part-Any Air using Izuna Kamui BS/LG2
-Any others...can't think cuz I haven't been online in 2 days and now my CB knowledge is all rusted

ART:
-Toybox Loli(if any1 has one, that is)
-Albatreos? Dunno about this one
-Any others you find are OP

SUP:
-Pretty much nothing...maybe Nicole Malice to prevent abuse of her Soul Rod?
-Possibly some chibis...if they can even be considered OP...
-Regina Winberrl, IF she can use her ability to give herself Auto-Repair(if not, she doesn't need ban hammering)...or ban the use of stalling tactics so this doesn't happen...

Speaking of which, is stalling gonna be banned for these tourneys?

FireKiller87

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:37 pm

*cough* Fire, you forgot to state any reasons why any of the bots should be banned.

I think I might do different types for days of the week instead... xD; 4 tourneys is a little long... *ponders* Anyways, writing up rules.

... Eh, we'll see.
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:32 pm

@fire
man, the only thing you have reason on is on ah chan.... lol

hmmm, ion could be, poor of my tengu, he receives 2 60 dmg hits from that sooka T-T, dunno if cant do something in a 1 vs 1, i have only battle 2 demon ions, with a poor tengu xD
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  FireKiller87 Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:42 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:Suggestions for THE BAN HAMMUH:

LND:
-ALL JIKUN
Spoiler:
-Ion. Reason: Only reason to ban her is her water bazooka that deals 42 base damage or whatever...other than that, not much else OP bout her.
-Any others?...can't think of many broken LNDs...Byne Girl isn't, neither is Manly Byne...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AIR:
-Ah-chan, that bitch(sorry Aurao, but win by clicking randomly can't fly)
Reason: This should be obvious, she can Fullboost her ass out of anything and she can win entire games just flying around spamming homing blaster.
-Possibly Seraph, or just ban the use of her Wings if that was the reason for her banning last time
Reason: I guess the wings, since thats the only part of Seraph thats really OP.
-Baltheon(all types)
Reason: Barrier shield...just spam shield, since you can fire at the target while the shield is up...i think.
-Specific Part-Any Air using Izuna Kamui BS/LG2
Reason: Again, the spamming.
-Any others...can't think cuz I haven't been online in 2 days and now my CB knowledge is all rusted

ART:
-Toybox Loli(if any1 has one, that is)
Reason: Same as Ah-chan, except this girl spams nukey missiles that eat your HP like it's a buffet and she's a starving hobo.
-Albatreos? Dunno about this one
Reason: Dunno much about alba, so I can't really give a reason. If anybody else has a reason...but right now I can't think of any.
-Any others you find are OP

SUP:
-Pretty much nothing...maybe Nicole Malice to prevent abuse of her Soul Rod?
Reason: Soul Rod's insanely intense homing projectiles, dealing 10-20 damage a shot. Starts to add up once you think about the fact that, if Malice is aimed right, the homing can take care of the rest, almost guaranteeing a direct strike every time she activates her soul rod.
-Possibly some chibis...if they can even be considered OP...
-Regina Winberrl, IF she can use her ability to give herself Auto-Repair(if not, she doesn't need ban hammering)...or ban the use of stalling tactics so this doesn't happen...
Reason: Only if she can run away, use her sub to spawn an Auto Repair field, and use it to give HERSELF Auto Repair...which imho is a really easy and cheap tactic for overextending your lifespan.

Speaking of which, is stalling gonna be banned for these tourneys?

woops, sorry yoku. I forgot all about that FORGIVE MEH D:

Reasons are added next to/underneath said bot

FireKiller87

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:26 pm

ok i remember something.... sorry...im breaking the rules, but its important, the cost limit... remember that yok, i play last tourney with a 545 laz, a 705 accel saber and a high cost shino.... 4 hoppers, it would had been more interesting with only 3 bots avalaible xD

dunno if other people want the cost limiter, because if not, im going to use(for another tournament, because in this, it wouldnt be possible) beezles and frog landers, for inflict damage and desesperation, and the last one a fat art for killing the probably 150 hp last bot(if get hyper in the beginning, save it for more damage lol) Twisted Evil

im not going to do that stupid thing(only play with land for killing me), but i dont want a game to became a long and boring battle
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  FireKiller87 Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:06 pm

shadow_nekros wrote:ok i remember something.... sorry...im breaking the rules, but its important, the cost limit... remember that yok, i play last tourney with a 545 laz, a 705 accel saber and a high cost shino.... 4 hoppers, it would had been more interesting with only 3 bots avalaible xD

dunno if other people want the cost limiter, because if not, im going to use(for another tournament, because in this, it wouldnt be possible) beezles and frog landers, for inflict damage and desesperation, and the last one a fat art for killing the probably 150 hp last bot(if get hyper in the beginning, save it for more damage lol) Twisted Evil

im not going to do that stupid thing(only play with land for killing me), but i dont want a game to became a long and boring battle

Wrong, Beezle and Froggy are just for pissing people off. Too easy to kill and they do little damage if the other guy's playing right.

And fatasses are fresh meat vs. mobility, no matter how much firepower you have.

...Although I suppose, since you know how to play them, they could be a threat...

FireKiller87

Back to top Go down

Post  Poofy Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:26 pm

By the power of Poofy, I state my thoughts;

I wouldn't want to see Ion banned because her bazooka isn't easy to aim and I don't believe she can have more then that weapon out while it's out. She's dead in a melee situation or a long-range situation which plenty of LNDs have, especially the first one.

Ah-chan in a 1v1 situation isn't all too great, especially in a air vs air battle. Her homing attack is stupid-predictable and it really only takes flying away from it's shooting direction to dodge it. I've said this somewhere before, but homing is littered with error because it will only track as well as the computer mind behind it. Anything that requires aim to fire can always land better given the aim. That, and her core sucks if elevation is gotten on her.

Lol, Izuna spamming wisps? That's easier to sidestep then Aquila Girl, and you're playing an air, if they actually hit you more consistently then just shooting the person spamming them then the Izuna BSer deserves the win.

If a Baltheon wants to up a shield douche all you really need to do it wait him out, what makes him an issue is the other person getting impatient and running into a 100% completely hopeless situation for no reason. The second Batheon shield is completely pointless in 1v1 and only protects the outer front, all you need to do is walk around and fire. Melee on Air is also very, very typical nowadays too, and I'm not saying just Frau LGs.

With Seraph, not very many airs use homing weapons and it's usually things like Mini Zooks, ABRs and Beam/Plasma Guns. I actually can't think of a single air weapon that homes except for alphastrikers, Izuna wisps and Aquila Girls gu- ohwait...

Ban Toybox Girl in a 1v1? I don't think I need to explain why this one is silly, just rush her and punch her in the face, cruise missiles get first because there is a barrier of teammates in front of her so she's protected and missiles come from unpredictable areas. Everything that makes Toybox Girl do good is eliminated with that, you're staring right at her and it's easy to close the distance, now all that's left is learning how to sidestep missiles that move slower then dirt when you're actually looking at them.

Albratreos takes a crapload of cost to make him function well, a well-built Albatreos should bring your score down to less then half, he's nothing without Float Dash, could always use Internal Ups to make his core worth talking about and from there, you'll need a lot of capa just to hold something. Albatreos is one of the best 1v1 ARTs though because of his mobility, but Hoverion and Victory1 are just as mobile and spam capable at half the cost and well-built Destructors and Contractors fire just as hard. I'll be honest though, Albatreos is the hardest one I find arguing just because of it being an all ART contest when he'd be able to be used.

Nicole Malice in a 1v1? See Toybox Girl, the idea is close to the same.

LolChibis?

Regina Winberrl huh... I can ACTUALLY kind of see that one, lol. Given the battle, all you would really need to do is outplay your opponent every time and if you can do that, you warrant yourself enough time to get near all your health back if not all. Being able to recycle the same bot forever without loss of health as long as you're able to win each fight ruins a lot, especially the idea of using weaker bots to wear out the enemy. I can agree with Regina getting banned.

Lastly, I think there should maybe be a 500 cost limit. A gun is a gun, and a 120 cost Frog with a gun still has a gun with just as much force as anything else. This tactic can just cause an issue were getting enough shots off on a bot that's hella expensive will end up costing the enemy more in capa regardless of how well he does, considering a bullet is a bullet, and 100 damage off of a 1,000 capa bot from a 120 capa bot does put the enemy at a constant disadvantage. Though 500 is just a random number thrown out there.
Poofy
Poofy
Fukko Master (Guildmaster)

Back to top Go down

Post  reiya Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:40 am

so like... work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work.... is all that reiya has now... guh..

anyways back to the main topic sicne i am done destressing.. doubt i cant even take part in the tourney (maybe i can, dunno) but yea... here are my 2 cents.

having cost limits will be good as it forces people to think. imo, to make it even more fun. have a Minimum limit and a maximum limit to test the abilities of bot building/tuning of people in the clan just for fun and to give others a chance to show off what they can do when given a but with limitations.

as for banned bots, i have no preferences or anything since I haven been playing enough. but to go with the majority...

Ah-chan : because so many people is calling a ban for her
Ivis: not that she cannot be beaten or anything, but i'm sure there are people want her to be banned.
seraph: her wings of light are irritating but well, she was banned last tourney.

i can't think of anymore since i am pretty much ok with any bots or anything that people use.. lol...

wonder when is the next tourney, so that i can jus view/see people fighting.

reiya will pop by again to see wad other suggestions i can throw out.

reiya

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:18 pm

500 cost is what i was thinking about, but i dont know how fire dont know about low cost bot tactic?i mean, the part of the fat art is only an stupid suggestion, but think about any other posibilities, using your best bot, using a bot that can deal a great damage in whatever bot that can be used.... try to think how you can use that tactic, and im refering that it is boring for the other player, thats why xzpawns put limits in his tournament, of 500 cost limit in a 2400 bp battle
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  FireKiller87 Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:51 pm

So any other ideas for this?
I'd like to see a...Level limited tourney. Set a level limit, and any bots above the limit can't be entered.

FireKiller87

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:50 pm

woot... well, dunno, most of my bots r above lvl5 .... and like 3 above lvl8, thinking of that, it could be only for bots above lvl 5? it would always cut the low cost part in a way.... not at all.... but still can make a difference, dunno....
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:24 pm

ok... this is not a dead thread, is a dead forum..... :S
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  Poofy Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:57 pm

I'll bug Yokura about this to see if it's still happening. I'm sure she just forgot about it... if that's not the case, I'll totally set something up.
Poofy
Poofy

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:19 pm

lalalala no more tournament?
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  hamoudi97 Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:59 am

Is toybox girl allowed without any main weapons cuz her toy missle could take out all the airs easily and also any other bots which can shoot sub weapons like toybox or destructor.

hamoudi97

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2