Winter Wing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourney! - Discussion

+4
Dune
SJunior
Poofy
Yokura
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tourney! - Discussion Empty Tourney! - Discussion

Post  Yokura Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:41 am

I've selected this as the new special for the next Jackpot Tourney. Everything will stay the same except special rules.

Here are the rules thus far:
Spoiler:

Now, discuss. I'll make an official-set of rules when I iron all details out, I want to hear how this idea sounds to people, and most importantly, does it sound fun :3

Sub weapons, no main weapons. Aka, anything that will alert your enemy is banned. Any bots with cores that fire main weapons and alerts the enemy is disqualified. No, sniper sight does not count xD

Now! I know some of you will want to ban some bots/parts/weapons/whatever. Here are the rules for requesting a ban.

You must post and say what you want banned and why.
Anybody who wishes to disagree must explain why. You get ONE POST to state your disagreement, and nothing more.
For every person who disagrees with your ban, you get ONE POST to defend your ban.

After each suggested ban is discussed, no further debate will be allowed in this thread on it.

I will decide if the reasons argued warrant a ban. I don't want this to turn into a "AQUILA GIRL IS OP" thread. So state your reasons carefully. I want this to be a fun and fair tournament :3

Last edited by Yokura on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Tourney! - Discussion Empty Re: Tourney! - Discussion

Post  Poofy Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:15 am

Given the rules, I can't think of a single thing that should be banned, but also personally I don't find the contest rules very fun-sounding at all. Just me though.
Poofy
Poofy
Fukko Master (Guildmaster)

Back to top Go down

Post  SJunior Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:36 am

Well i am looking forward to this. Sounds like fun shtuff.

Although question.

Is nicole malice allowed? (Since her rod is a SUB Wep. And her dead eye is a Wonder bit that does not Lock on nor is a primary wep.)

And Gun type wonder bits. Since they don't lock on and they are not a primary Weapon. Gun type wonder bits being allowed could be interesting in this thang. imo.

SJunior
SJunior

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:06 pm

@Poofy, that's why you give me suggestions as to what would sound amusing. o: Or why this doesn't sound all that fun.

@SJunior
Nicole Malice would be allowed, given, you don't put any thing like a bazooka on her. All gun type bits would be allowed as well.
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  Dune Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:25 pm

SUB weapon only tourney ehh... would Patty's SUB weapon be allowed as well.. also what about bots with built in MAIN weapons (Patty, Ouka, ETC) that can't be removed? will it be OK to use them as well as long as the main weapons themselves are not fired?

EDIT: Also I can recall some subweapons that DO casue lock on warnings on enemies at least in test runs I have done.. Nichole Malice's staff being one of them.
Dune
Dune

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:11 pm

Yokura wrote:
Sub weapons, no main weapons. Aka, anything that will alert your enemy is banned. Any bots with cores that fire main weapons and alerts the enemy is disqualified. No, sniper sight does not count xD
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:05 pm

sorry... i was confused, anyone that read my last post here, sorry, i was in another world xD

Edit:
k, now that i understand the idea, the only thing that i need to say is:

why bann/nerf/kill/(make her a real person) aquila girl(im not talking about the tournament)? firts and only reason, its a bot the user only need to learn how to fly and press the left click to get many kills, now, many of you state, "ah chan is easy to kill, you only need to learn how", k, let me told you something, all the f#@&ng bots in the game can be killed, all of them, im not talking about killing them, im talking about how they kill too much whitout the need of doing another thing than flying and firing.... anyone can kill them, even a noob, but i need to tell you, they r one of the most hated bots in the game because they do 60 damage to any bot.... oh i know, you have killed too many ah chans fire, with DG(that its also one of the most spam used bot), k with her, hmmm have you tried to kill her with, for example..... a helingal?, please, tell me that you have killed her with any other thing that dont spam too many dangerous missiles like tbg, you can tell me you spam missiles from a fat art and kill her, but please any other kind of bot, for you to battle. k, i would never talk about helingal because you know i can kill ah chans with him, fighting, no spamming. but the point is, they dont let you try to use another kind of bot for having fun, because you need to use a bot you have experience with it, to stop the spamming, thats all my point, and i let you remember, im not talking about the tournament, if you want, dont ban her, i only want you to know my opinion. also, im not going to fight more about ah chans here or in any other thread, im tired of fighting about anything that involve "oh i can kill something that you hate with bla bla bla"..... all we can kill them please stop that kind of thinking and realise the real problem is not killing them.....

@aurao

i respect you, im not telling you cant fight, im talking about the bot, not the users, so dont think i hate you xD
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  FireKiller87 Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Hmm...sounds fun!

Are subweapons like Izuna Kamui BS/LG2, which possess a Sub Lock-on function but do not alert the target last I checked, banned?

EDIT: After thinking about it...I don't like this much. For one...Sub weapons are generally melee and some ranged.
Second, stemming from the first problem, is the issue of stalling. Now, I hate this tactic, and I know it's a legal tactic, but...to observers and the guy chasing his enemy around a giant map endlessly, it's not much fun. In fact, it's exceptionally frustrating.
So if you do plan on this rule...have a rule that competitors cannot avoid combat for more than 90 seconds or two minutes at most so stalling can't happen.

FireKiller87

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:30 am

So I'm split half and half with people who like and dislike the sub weapon idea. Alright!

I'm thinking about doing a normal tourney. Any and all bots, duke it out 1v1. No extra preparation necessary xD Simple, a little bland, but good ol beat your clannies up has never failed!

Thoughts?

@Shadow
Aquila girl's homing blaster is a main weapon. In the sub weapon tourney, she would have been auto-banned anyways.
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  Dune Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:00 am

Mabye something like a SUP type only tourney? There are totally no supports out there that people find game breaking (that I know of at least)
Dune
Dune

Back to top Go down

Post  reiya Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 am

If you prefer the good ol' beat up ur clannies for the jackpot, well here are some suggestions.

- implement bot restrictions (aka. uc/levels/weapons/type etc)
- ban certain bots -> everyone will have a say and vote from a list/number of bots to be banned for official tournament
- get players to choose what type of bots the jackpot holder is able to use -> example if kit is the jackpot, yokura says kit has to use all air robots -> kit has to change his commando (depending if the FIRST robot rule is in place or not) to using only all air robots and VS yokura. Or another way to say is that all the jackpot robots has to be moebots.
- same suggestion as above but more balance is to let the player pick TWO types of robots that the jackpot can use.
- Or base as the above, one of the 3 robots in the commando have to be of a said TYPE that the player wants the jackpot to use -> to prevent a total SUP robot spam
- also, u can have a fixed type battle. where the player says e.g. "LAND" robots then the jackpot and player will have to use LAND robots only -> giving the player the upper hand if the jackpot sucks at using Land robots
- Or you can set types of robots to the days in our time. E.g. Monday - Land robots, Tuesday - Chibis only, Wednesday - Air etc etc. (game master aka organizer decides on this) so that everyone or whoever who challenges can use only those robots set during that day.
- i dunno if it's possible to have like 5 people on 1 team VS 1 person aka the jackpot on the other. if it's allowed, the first person to kill the jackpot gets the next jackpot and rinse and repeat. jackpot will be the only person on that team while the rest hunts him down for it. of cos if time's up and jackpot isn't killed. it stays with that person. tedious but i dunno, might work.

it's 1am in the morning and i am out of ideas...

reiya

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Now teh 5v1 would be a fun idea... Not much you can do to keep the jackpot though xD; Choosing bots is also really interesting, but far far too complicated to implement.

Days of the week different types is good... Or we can simply have a all -insert type- tourney!

All LND tourney this week, how's that sound? ;D
Then, ART, AIR, SUP.
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  FireKiller87 Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Yokura wrote:Now teh 5v1 would be a fun idea... Not much you can do to keep the jackpot though xD; Choosing bots is also really interesting, but far far too complicated to implement.

Days of the week different types is good... Or we can simply have a all -insert type- tourney!

All LND tourney this week, how's that sound? ;D
Then, ART, AIR, SUP.

OOOOOOOOOH
Wait. That's all? No other restrictions???

PROBLEMS:

Although it sounds just as fun.

FireKiller87

Back to top Go down

Post  Poofy Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:19 pm

And I'll argue every inch of the way that Ah-chan shouldn't be banned from 3rd week or you're playing wrong. Her being OP, at the very least considered OP in 1vs1 feels like an inside joke I was never let in on. Now if you want something to worry about, it would be EVEs on the second week.

But come on now, how many people in the guild have Ah and EVE, lol.
Poofy
Poofy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dune Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:06 pm

I totally see AIR week being mass seraph crims vs one guy in the clan (you know who you are) with an ah-chin vs one guy with a boost run shaden vs ... well i hate air so i wouldn't join in that week lol (since my only air I'm decent with is a boost run Suzaku and I'm not good with any of the other airs I have... even my one seraph (who i only use as a travel slave for haku) and even Victor (who's there as eye candy for a certain someone)
Dune
Dune

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Alright then. First week. Lnd! Anybody wish to suggest bots to be banned? I will post official finalized rules on the 7th.

Lnd only. Please do not start a discussion on broken airs or arts just yet lul.
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:24 pm

i prefer the change of type per day, not per week... i told you before trying to do a more than a week tournament would be a bad idea

also, ah chan in 1 vs 1, meh.... its not op, i told you, i hate it because the massive kill in pvp with only flying and firing, but well, kit only use land, so i dunno if he would be able to kill her with an air, i know he is bad with airs, so, i dunno, but, he is right, she isnt op in 1 vs 1, and man, i dont see the problem with eve, its more easy to kill than an ah chan....also, only like 1 or 2 has ah chans, i dont think someone has an eve.....
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:00 pm

No no... Not a 4 week long tourney. 4 Different tourneys. Starts a new one after the first one is over. So you don't have to keep fighting for 4 weeks straight. xD
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 pm

k, thats more... no wait... why 4 consecutive tournaments? its the same.... let us sleep... D:

also i need to finish my list of animes T-T
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:22 am

xD Kaay shadow. Lul. You don't have to participate in all of them, but I probablllyyy should have some lengthy down time in between... We'll see.
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  reiya Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:29 am

As with I, prefer to make it different type on a different day for a challenge.

as for multiple tournies, yokura can make it such that.

1) The person with the highest number of jackpot held at the end of the day/week is the overall winner
2) Person who holds jackpot for the longest period wins. AKA if kit holds the jackpot for 4 days, he's probably gonna win the jackpot tourney. lol.

reiya

Back to top Go down

Post  reiya Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:30 am

YOKURA... MY DRAWINGGGGGGGGGGG

reiya

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:45 pm

lol
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 pm

Loloops. I HAVE THE LINEART DONE. I wanted to show you before I started coloring. D: BUT I NEVER SEE YOU ON....

Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  reiya Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 am

i'm working.... oh well. it's fine.. i'll never make it on time. will jus submit wad i have.

reiya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next