Winter Wing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Tourney--War Room!

4 posters

Go down

Clan Tourney--War Room! Empty Clan Tourney--War Room!

Post  TwilightSparkle Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:21 pm

So these are the contingency plans that I've pretty much thought of between last night and what was this morning. I had this perfect format in my head too but I kind of already lost it so here's hoping it's still coherent and cohesive:

Basic strategy: Since this map is Dull Road, what is the most important aspect of this particular map is the formation of the team. This is a narrow map that we play on, so assassinating, coming from behind, and picking off stragglers are strategies that will not be employed as much as other maps, such as Sunset City. In a way, this is good, because this makes basic strategizing easier.

So, what makes or break the game? As stated before, formation. Once the front is broken and the supportfire is threatened and kept busy by bots that are made to be attention-grabbers, we lose. From there, bots are singled out, targeted, and killed easily.

So tl;dr: We keep our formation, keep an organized team, push together as a team, we stand a higher chance to win. We lose our formation, we lose.

Now that has been hopefully reinforced in your mind, let me go over what breaks formation:

Breaks formation:

-Melee: esp the lagkutens/mbgs, BC ams, vanguards; anything that lags, is high hp/tough, or spikes
-Fire pillar: because people will be flying either backwards or forwards
-Hoppers: because they will be attention grabbers but do less damage.
-Seraph: same reason as above. However, most of our ARTs have homing missiles/min range making killin em difficult.

So how to handle each of these breakers?

-Melee: quarantine the melee bot(s) by having the front liners still holding the front line. Fire pillar the enemy if they follow up on the push (ie. are advancing). All idle AIRS/ARTs that are harrassing must take out the melee. ARTs must remember to focus on the AIRs that will be coming though, and must turn their attention away from the melee if they come.

For the target of the melee: KEEP RUNNING. Return fire when the melee picks another target.

-Fire pillar: counter with another fire pillar if they advance (which they surely will), or wind funnel. JUST DON'T GET CAUGHT AND WE DON'T HAVE TO WASTE ONE~

-Hoppers: Quarantine and melee

-Seraph: quarantine+direct fire blast weapons

Now that defense is already out, let's discuss offense:

For offense, our strategy is the opposite of our defense: to break their formation. Now, in order to do that, we must have bots that do the roles of breaking enemy formation. However, there are some more things I have to outline:

1) When we push, the melee must open with a fire pillar to disrupt enemy lines. ONCE THAT FIRE PILLAR GOES OFF, THE REST OF THE TEAM MUST ADVANCE TO BACK THAT MELEE UP. ARTs have to stay on top of the alpha airs, the airs on top of the LNDs, and if possible, the other LNDs tackle the ARTs to break their supportfire bots. THIS MEANS THAT IT IS CRUCIAL TO LET THE TEAM KNOW WHEN A PUSH IS GOING TO BEGIN.

2) We need suppression fire bots; basically bots that shoot out lots of bullets and as a plus, have infamy. These are bots people will back up to; EVE, AC, other dual gatling bots. These bots will keep the line from advancing when we don't want them to (important for defense).

Formation Issues:

1) Hoppers/hard to hit bots are front liners. Offensive support and AIRs are midliners. ARTs are the backliners. In this map especially, each preceding line, must cover the next. ARTs must cover the AIR/support, etc. etc. It is crucial that this formation is kept to prevent the vulnerable backlines (and where most of the firepower comes from) from being exposed.

2) Now you may be wondering, what about the melees? The melees will be key to getting rid of the things we quarantine on land (hoppers, L LNDs to some extents, definitely MBG/kuten). Once the formation breakers are dead, they will initiate pushes if they are healed enough. THEY ARE NOT TO GRAB ATTENTION UNTIL THEY MAKE PUSHES.

3)Formation placement is important. We should be far ahead enough so that the mid/backline have access to the powerspot. The further we move from it, and the more ground we lose, the more likely we will be losing.

Other things:

1) 2+v1 when possible. The idea of a clan tourney is to focus fire on a bot to take it down as soon as possible while trying to maintain formation. This is crucial because we don't have proper organization or communication, so you will have to pay attn to your minimap and your surroundings to see what your allies are hitting/targeting.

Also, I want to highlight one more thing:

Item Usage:

Fire pillars/wind funnel: ONLY USE THESE AT THE FRONTLINES TO PREVENT IT FROM HITTING OUR OWN TEAM. USE THEM TO COUNTER ANOTHER ITEM OR USE IT TO START A PUSH. BUT DO NOT USE IT TO TAKE OUT THE DAED/INSERT SINGLE BOT HERE IN FRONT OF YOU BECAUSE THERE WILL BE ALLIES IN FRONT OF HIM. We have Geo AM3s for that.

Also, fire pillar the support AFTER the lead push bot has been cut off. Do NOT fire pillar the melee into us; that is a bad move that ends up killing more than helps.

I have a few more things to discuss about communication on the battlefield ie. Macros and the "buddy up" system, but that will have to wait for the clan to get together.
TwilightSparkle
TwilightSparkle

Back to top Go down

Clan Tourney--War Room! Empty Re: Clan Tourney--War Room!

Post  Yokura Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Weeee

Waiting for macros, or signals that indicate which is which. I would love to play le reve to take care of the pesky seraphs but nicole first :c Oh yea, what happens when we die x_x cause, assuming people start dying, it's going to be a lot more confusing, because we know what our first bots are, so it'll be more coordinate, but as bots cycle out, formation is going to shift D; Unless you assign roles per person, so that the role is the same,even if the bot is not.

EDIT:
Another idea. Tell everyone to turn on the voice chat ingame, because I know some people lag while mumble is on, and communcation is absolutely CRUCIAL.

- Will we have a healer?
- If so. Everyone should STAY OFF THE TREES.
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  TwilightSparkle Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:11 pm

The original idea was that people were supposed to refill their own positions upon death. That's why I have two ARTs in my commando (with backline support as a third option). However, most people do not feel up to restricting their roles, and don't have enough tuned bots to cover that. So I figuerd I"d let it slide and have people deviate to two different lines, so long as they're next to each other in the formation sequence (Predom: backranks/mid liners, midliners can stay as midliners/front, etc.).

We'll discuss this and macros more later, hopefully we can revert to that system because.. I was talkin to Ala bout that last night.

TwilightSparkle
TwilightSparkle

Back to top Go down

Clan Tourney--War Room! Empty War Room Planning

Post  hamoudi97 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:45 pm

suggest that we hav one guy be a healer only. Someone who we all know is a gud healer. and also u know how twilight said that we should use fire pillars and such to break their formation we should give em all to one guy and maybe one more if excess(They should be a lnd) and let em charge n completely break through thei formation. and also guys dont try to be heroes and randomly charge in do 100-200dmg then die. Stick to formation.

hamoudi97

Back to top Go down

Post  FanService Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:25 pm

good luck and try your best to win guys! If you guys get past round 1 i could maybe get in the 2nd round.

FanService

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down