Winter Wing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 tournament

4 posters

Go down

2012 tournament Empty 2012 tournament

Post  shadow_nekros Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:42 am

k, many people are asking for us to make a tournament, so i got this idea:

AHUE TOURNAMENT!!!

Ok, so, lets start with the rules we have decided untill now, please post your ideas
* 3 vs 3 fights
* each team is only able to use 2 OP bots, this OP bots are going to be decided by the people that are going to participate, so, for me the followings are some bots to consider: resha, eris, harukanes( just because of the 0 frame rate they inflict, more than that, they are just another alpha with a big hit box), ivis(mostly because of the shield), and well, just tell me if you think theres something to add in that consideration list, so we vote if they have to be listed as OP bots.
* each player can only use one of this OP bots in his/her commando
* during match, each team can only use 2 bots of the same type at the same time, for example: team A has 2 lands and 1 air, if that air dies, that player can't select a land type, your team can't have 3 land type bots outside at the same time, so, even if the other bot(air or art) that player has, has yellow hp bar, he/she is obligated to select that bot over the land one, if he/she can't select another bot that isn't a land, his/her team lose.

we haven't chosen the map, so I guess all you people can tell us what more else to do

oh, its going to be a all vs all, so, the winner would be decided by the amount of wins/draws

and sorry cause of my english ;-;
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

2012 tournament Empty Re: 2012 tournament

Post  Poofy Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I miss derping on Cosmicbreak with people. :c I'd like to see something like this happen.

For once in the history of me talking about Cosmicbreak for others, I have no problems with a handful of bots being banned. Making a list feels like it could get a little out of hand just because I can see that turning into a "that bot is" and "that bot isn't" dispute for people who want to play something they say they like... maybe if it's an actual team fight idea each person in the team can get a set number of bots they're allowed to ban to make a team decided banlist? That'd make everyone happy and make sure everyone knew what they were working with.

An All vs All in a 1v1 until there's one left style, whilas would be the most straightforward and easiest to work, would really kill it for some people I'd think given the number of "dueling" bots and the people who are better at supporting others and how most ART go to crap at that point etc, etc and something more squad based would make people feel more comfortable and able to play whatever they want how they want.

This is all just my two cents.
Poofy
Poofy
Fukko Master (Guildmaster)
Fukko Master (Guildmaster)

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:30 pm

ahue, i know you know why the part of ban list, is mostly cause those zeros, and you know they are op even in lvl 0, the only bot im not going to consider, just for me, is the new seraph, since it's a free frag, the only way she is op is when she is in a full match, if not, the other team is going to kill her in like 30s, just being optimistic for the hope of the seraph.

for akane, well, the thing is that she is a complete alpha, so you don't need to get all the weaps and parts a good alpha should have, and also, she already have the capa to work on her. so, the only reason im considering her is cause of the lag or 0 frame rate she induce.

ivis, is like the normal ivis, just that her cv gives her 30 hp, in total is like 270hp, and has stunregain, + the cv gives all guard(yeah, this is not the real reason); the thing is, she has a shield, something that i hardly use sometimes cause i just right click harder, and well, "ivis can fly", "never try to kill ivis with an air... unless you r like 30 feet away". The real reason im considering her is cause many people think that her shield is op, op in terms that you can make a fight in equal terms with eris, and well, you can block vox, from resha and seraph,
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  FireKiller87 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:13 pm

shadow_nekros wrote:k, many people are asking for us to make a tournament, so i got this idea:

AHUE TOURNAMENT!!!

Ok, so, lets start with the rules we have decided untill now, please post your ideas
* 3 vs 3 fights
* each team is only able to use 2 OP bots, this OP bots are going to be decided by the people that are going to participate, so, for me the followings are some bots to consider: resha, eris, harukanes( just because of the 0 frame rate they inflict, more than that, they are just another alpha with a big hit box), ivis(mostly because of the shield), and well, just tell me if you think theres something to add in that consideration list, so we vote if they have to be listed as OP bots.
* during match, each team can only use 2 bots of the same type at the same time, for example: team A has 2 lands and 1 air, if that air dies, that player can't select a land type, your team can't have 3 land type bots outside at the same time, so, even if the other bot(air or art) that player has, has yellow hp bar, he/she is obligated to select that bot over the land one, if he/she can't select another bot that isn't a land, his/her team lose.

we haven't chosen the map, so I guess all you people can tell us what more else to do

oh, its going to be a all vs all, so, the winner would be decided by the amount of wins/draws

It's been too long since I paid a visit to these forums.

Ban Eris, Resha, Haruka, Akane, FC Slutraph, and possibly Monica because she fucks with every Air in the game but is trash against anything else(purely Antiair, a fucking Frog Lander can beat the shit out of her). Ivis is shit on any decent Air's foot, I'm not sure we need to ban her(maybe the new Ivis, though, since that CVeil is nasty).
Ban them completely. That should be it for bans, because these above bots are usually universally held to be OP shit.
FC Seraph should be banned because it's just extremely annoying to deal with her, even in a solo duel situation. I attest to this fact by saying that I have flown into CQC with an FC Slut and would probably have killed her except I flew facefirst into a fucking Seraph Nova. With Seraph Wings out.

I honestly favor a bracket-style tournament. Multiple pairs square off, winner advances while loser gets out. Then it goes on and on, through quarter/semis and finally the last two remaining guys face off. The finals can be modified, possibly a best-of-3 format so it's not decided by flukeshit victories. That could be done for the lower rounds, but that might take too long to advance.

FireKiller87

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
shadow_nekros wrote:k, many people are asking for us to make a tournament, so i got this idea:

AHUE TOURNAMENT!!!

* 3 vs 3 fights

It's been too long since I paid a visit to these forums.

Ban Eris, Resha, Haruka, Akane, FC Slutraph, and possibly Monica because she fucks with every Air in the game but is trash against anything else(purely Antiair, a fucking Frog Lander can beat the shit out of her). Ivis is shit on any decent Air's foot, I'm not sure we need to ban her(maybe the new Ivis, though, since that CVeil is nasty).
Ban them completely. That should be it for bans, because these above bots are usually universally held to be OP shit.
FC Seraph should be banned because it's just extremely annoying to deal with her, even in a solo duel situation. I attest to this fact by saying that I have flown into CQC with an FC Slut and would probably have killed her except I flew facefirst into a fucking Seraph Nova. With Seraph Wings out.

I honestly favor a bracket-style tournament. Multiple pairs square off, winner advances while loser gets out. Then it goes on and on, through quarter/semis and finally the last two remaining guys face off. The finals can be modified, possibly a best-of-3 format so it's not decided by flukeshit victories. That could be done for the lower rounds, but that might take too long to advance.

first, I'm not going to do a 1 vs 1 anymore, so forget that idea, bracket style also no, i want people to have fun instead of being forced to win that first match to continue, what would gain that first persons eliminated? nothing, so a all vs all.

second, well, in a 1 vs 1 situation, unless we are talking about ivis, any resha or eris hide, isnt going to be a big deal to kill them, even less the new seraph, and i talked this with yok, seraph isnt that big deal if is in a room thats low in population.

third, yeah, we are talking about ivis hd cause she can kill anything(she can fly) and have a shield

in the case of monica just no, monica is auto play but yeah, as you said is only good against air, even with that, we are going to consider her just cause you mention her

so, at least you said we need to consider seraph and monica, but this isnt going to be a complete ban, just as i said, 2 op bots per team, and if you want, there can only be 1 of those outside at the same time.

thanks for helping and posting fire Very Happy
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  FireKiller87 Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 am

Wellllll.....if there'll only be one bot of that type on the field for each team at the same time, I'm sure we can deal with that. The problem arises when multiples are out, because OP bots act as a force multiplier: every OP bot on the field augments the entire team's power, giving the lower-tier bots easy chances to contribute and kill.

Other than that I like the idea of a 3v3/all v all as long as it's kept fairly small, because large games tend to make people lag hard. Throwing Haruka and Akane into such a large game would kill it for some people.

FireKiller87

Back to top Go down

Post  Yokura Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Possibly just outright ban Harukane for the FPS issue.
Yokura
Yokura

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_nekros Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:25 am

Yokura wrote:Possibly just outright ban Harukane for the FPS issue.

hmmm k, if no one is against that, so we could just ban them
shadow_nekros
shadow_nekros

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum